Thursday, April 17, 2008

Goodbye to our Beloved Annie

We had to say goodbye to our dearest Annie on April 16 after she colicked the evening before. An emergency vet was called in and she was immediately trailered to Dr. Boles' office in a special trailer with a camera so she could be watched on the way. Sadly, she was too sick and he could not save her. Annie would have been 19 years old this Saturday (April 19).


Annie was probably the most popular and well-loved school horse of all time at Mill Creek. She was a kind and giving horse who gave many, many riders the confidence to grow in their riding. Annie has been at Mill Creek since she was 5 months old and was a registered Belgian Draft Horse (see a copy of her papers).

Please be sure to visit the Annie photo gallery, which includes photos of baby Annie.

Annie will be deeply missed by all of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger I Love Horses said...

I loved Annie. I found out today in a riding lesson. With my BFF madi h., who loves Annie, she is heart broken. I have been sobbing all night. I think Annie was gorgeous, trustworhy, loyal, and everything great! I WILL MISS HER! CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRYCRY CRY CRY CRY CRY!

-Sofia Duffy

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out right now about Annie. I can't believe that happened. I just saw her a day before. Annie was such a sweet tempered mare and I will miss her so much.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home