Saturday, May 12, 2007

Welcome Lola and Hannibal to Mill Creek!!!

The following is posted on behalf of Lola Miller and Hannibal, our newest friends at Mill Creek:

Hannibal is my 17 hand, just come 5 (in May), Friesian imported from Holland. I have owned him since he stepped off the plane as a 3 year old. We are so enjoying all the "goings on" here at Mill Creek. Watching Mette work (does she always looked so beautifully groomed, pressed and un-ruffled, even in 100 degree heat?!), and all you Eventers (Good Lord, it makes Bungee Cord jumping look downright tame!) zip around, fills us both with admiration and awe, but then Hannibal and I become very tired at just the thought of it, so we retire to our stall to have a little siesta! We will continue to work hard, towards one day having the physical and emotional strength to take a lesson from Cory. Hannibal and I watched her young riders class, and frankly, we were scared. But we will persevere (as long as it doesn't cut into our nap and eating schedule) !

Hannibal has not been as fortunate as all of you in having such a wonderful farrier at hand (or hoof), as you have in Robbie Cozart. We are babying his feet at present, until Robbie can make it right, so if you see a big black horses who walks as if he is "en pointe" that's Hannibal! But not for long!

I would like to send a special thank you to the lovely ladies of the office, Lisa, Sally and Elizabeth for their never ending patience with me while I try to figure out how to fill out the lesson forms correctly, amongst other things. I am confident I will only have to bother you guys about 27 times for June.

Hannibal and I are both, I think, very friendly and quite social, (and neither of us really bites!) so do stop by and say hello. And thank you to everyone for making us feel so welcome. We are so happy to be here!

1 Comments:

Blogger I Love Horses said...

Hannibal is so pretty!
-CHEERIO
sofia duffy

P.S. I ride at Mill Creek i am almost in 2nd level

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home