Monday, September 01, 2014

Important Message from Cory

Dear Mill Creek Family,

I am writing to let you all know why I have been gone since the beginning of the summer. Some of you may know that I had total knee replacement surgery near the beginning of May. That surgery went extremely well, as did the physical therapy.  However, during the course of my pre-op testing, they found something on my lung. Subsequent tests showed that it was a tumor and my scans “glowed,” indicating that was malignant. On August 4th, I had surgery which removed 30% of my right lung.  Scans afterwards showed that the tumor had been completely removed!  The doctors are confident they got everything.  I am calling my knee my lucky knee!  If it weren’t for the surgery and Dr. Toni, who pushed for more and more tests until the reason for the shadow on lung was discovered, the tumor might not have been discovered until it was too late. Dr. Toni, my knee and all of my wonderful doctors saved my life! I am also absolutely, incredibly grateful to Dr. Toni for her kindness and friendship during this time. 

I especially want you all to know how much appreciate everyone’s patience with me this summer.  Many of you have had different teachers from week to week. I am also extremely grateful to my wonderful Mill Creek staff and teachers who filled in and just kept everything running as normal during my absence. It was truly impressive.  I am a very lucky person!

I am planning to come back slowly. If all goes as planned, I will start teaching some half days on Saturday, 9/13.  I look forward to seeing you all and thank you all again for your patience and support.

With love and gratitude,

Cory

1 Comments:

Blogger Isabelle/Bella said...

Great news Cory!. May your recovery continue to go well. It is great to be surrounded by friends who care. Be well! Bella

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home