Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Fond Farewell to Pete: A Note from Cory

Some of you may have already heard that Pete tore a tendon—so severely that there was no chance of it healing and it would only get worse over time.  After consulting with two vets, I made the difficult decision to put him down, rather than have him live with a poor quality of life.  Pete was one of the funniest horses I’ve ever known. He made me laugh all the time and I will miss him dearly.

Pete had recent brush with fame when he had
a role in a "Funny or Die" film.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Norvet said...

So sad to hear about this. Pete was a Mill Creek institution. He taught Karen and I how to ride, and what it was like to jump! We will miss him dearly.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no! This breaks my heart! Pete was one of my best buddies when I was riding at Mill Creek. I had so much fun jumping with him, and he was like a cloud to ride in flat classes. He truly was funny, so full of fun loving personality, and I always felt like I was in on some kind of mischief when he and I were in a lesson together. One of my favorite horses of all time, Pete was. He was so loved and will be very missed.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home